Governors at Holy Cross have the following Statutory Responsibilities
- Working with the Headteacher, to offer a strategic view of the work of our School
- To support and challenge the Headteacher
- To hold our School to account for the standards and quality of education it provides and achieves.
- To monitor, evaluate and review the school’s activities and outcomes
Why do we support and challenge?
- We have collective / corporate responsibility to do so
- To uphold the strategic and operational aims of the school
- To provide moral support
- To ask appropriate and probing questions
- Is this the best thing to do?
- What do we want to do?
- What are the alternatives?
- To provide another, maybe alternative, perspective
Why do we monitor?
- To ensure that plans are being implemented – particularly our School Improvement Plan
- To provide evidence of success that can be celebrated and built upon
- To identify quickly where the school is not performing as well as expected
- To identify priorities for future action
- To ensure accountability for standards, improvement and maximising pupil progress
Why do we evaluate and review?
- To enable us to make judgements about results and outcomes, and to take timely, appropriate action.
The Full Governing body meets each term to carry out formally its statutory duties and to monitor progress towards achievement of the targets contained in our School Improvement Plan (SIP).
Click here to find out more about our school governors